The Purchasing Groups feature allows your business customers to monitor and control their spending, and to afford visibility of consolidated group member orders to multiple people in their organizations. This feature also provides an automated and streamlined process for order approvals, and even allows for group orders to be paid from a single billing account instead of by the individual purchasers, should either of these controls be required.
Purchasing Groups also can be utilized solely to provide group Masters and designated Members with visibility into the group’s orders at any time in a consolidated portal, even if none of the other options (such as approvals or single billing account) are required.
Merchants who enable Purchasing Groups in their Nexternal online store give their customers complete control of the B2B purchasing and approval process.
- Business customers can monitor and control their spending
- Group purchasing activity can be made visible to group Masters and others that they designate
- Order notification and approval workflow reduces the B2B buying process friction when a business purchase approval is required
- Unique login for each customer within the group eliminates the need to share credentials and sacrifice security for efficiency
- Roll-up group reporting allows Group Masters to collectively evaluate and track their groups’ purchase histories
- Group members can add comments to approved or rejected orders for communication clarity
- Group Masters can choose whether all orders placed by Group Members are paid by the Group Master, so no billing info is required when Group Members place orders, or whether Group Members pay as they order
- Group Masters can set up multiple groups with different order approval rules and members
- Group Masters can invite Group Members and control the approval status awarded to each
- Group Masters and those that they designate have visibility into all Group orders for easy insight into Group spending