Make Drop-Shipping More Efficient For Both The Merchant and the Shipper
With drop-shipping, when the end customer places an online order with a merchant, the goods are actually shipped from another company, often a manufacturer or wholesaler. Nexternal comes with a drop-shipping module to automate the shipping notification process for both the retailer and the drop-ship vendor—creating significant efficiencies for both parties.
Through your Nexternal order management system (OMS), you can define a vendor as being a drop-ship vendor. When you activate Nexternal’s drop-shipping functionality, the drop-ship vendor automatically receives an email notifying them of the products that need to be shipped, along with the relevant Ship-To address.
Automate Vendor Communications
With Nexternal’s drop-shipping feature, you won’t need to manually notify drop-ship vendors of orders to be processed. Our automated updates offer a win-win scenario for merchants and vendors.
- Merchants can automatically inform vendors of new orders for processing
- Merchants can calculate shipping costs accurately based on vendor location
- Vendors can use our vendor-specific Order Retrieval and Update System to mark line items as shipped and supply tracking numbers
- Vendors can also update order statuses and print branded packing slips
Customized for Success
Nexternal offers a wide range of configuration options to help you run your drop-shipping program your way.
- Choose email triggers for vendors, such as order status changes
- Customize the text in triggered emails
- See whether a vendor has viewed a drop-ship email with email tracking codes
- Track email records with an automatic logging system featuring time and date stamps