From Creation, to Enrichment, to Publication, Do Business in Every Direction
Product information management isn’t a one-person job. From your product teams to your marketing experts, to graphic designers, to outside consultants and even your suppliers, creating an optimized product listing requires collaboration. But without the right process and technology, collaboration can easily turn into chaos.
TrueCommerce Product Manager’s Product Lifecycles feature is designed to clear the clutter, making it easy for users to work together. First, integration pulls data from your chosen sources, eliminating the need for endless emails and data entry. Then, user configurations, product statuses, and alerts help ensure the right people have access to the right product content at the right time. Validation makes checking your work—and your team’s—simple, while automatic readiness checks ensure nothing is left out.
With PIM and Product Lifecycles, you can streamline your product content processes, create better listings, and go wherever business takes you.
Source Data with Ease
With integrations for many leading ERP systems and simple importation from supplier files, you can quickly add new products, and update existing items in Product Manager.
- Choose where your data is coming from with direct ERP integration, configurable supplier access, and easy file uploads
- Map incoming data to the correct fields to automatically fill in key product information
- Schedule data syncing with your business system to ensure up-to-date product information
- Configure alerts for incoming products, status changes, and more
Create Rich Product Content
Optimize your product listings with romance copy, SEO tags, rich media, and more for a fantastic shopping experience on every channel.
- Define your unique content creation process with drag-and-drop workflows and customizable product statuses
- Collaborate with team members, outside designers and consultants, and other stakeholders with configurable access and alerts
- Add digital assets including images, video, 360 images, PDFs, and other documents, such as warranties
- Define channel-specific titles, descriptions, and attributes to meet requirements and increase SEO visibility
Validate Product Readiness
Easily assess a product’s lifecycle “stage” with Health Bars and status filters. Content readiness checks tell you exactly what’s missing, so you can make sure every product is truly ready before publication.
- Use visual Health Bars to quickly measure each product’s readiness
- Assess product readiness at the brand and channel level by defining pre-publication rules
- Define your brand standards, and establish standards for your suppliers for better content from sourcing through syndication
- Prevent costly mistakes by ensuring product content is 100% ready before publication with automatic alert messages
Publish to All Your Channels
The last step in your product lifecycle is publication—but we don’t stop there. With content mapping and regular updates, it’s easy to ensure your product content stays accurate, and up to date.
- Map content developed in Product Manager to the proper fields for each channel/retailer
- Pre-define product rules to add items to the right catalogs and channels upon publication
- Automate syndication schedules to keep products updated
- Automatically publish new products to specific channels using limitless, customized rules
IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Product Information Management Applications for Commerce 2021 Vendor Assessment
IDC has positioned TrueCommerce in the Contenders category in this MarketScape report. Strengths include:
- Modern architecture: Foundry Product Manager was built in the cloud and has a modern API first, microservices-based architecture.
- ERP integrations: TrueCommerce Product Manager comes pre-integrated to 35 ERPs and business systems as a source of product data.
- TrueCommerce platform: TrueCommerce Product Manager is built on top of TrueCommerce's Foundry commerce platform. The intention of these unified applications is to enable customers to manage products and orders across a wide range of digital channels.
IDC MarketScape recommends companies to consider TrueCommerce if they are a midsize North American or European brand or retailer looking to broaden your channels of distribution with a SaaS offering.
This IDC research document was published as part of an IDC continuous intelligence service, providing written research, analyst interactions, telebriefings, and conferences. Visit www.idc.com to learn more about IDC subscription and consulting services. To view a list of IDC offices worldwide, visit www.idc.com/about/worldwideoffices. Please contact the IDC Hotline at 800.343.4952, ext. 7988 (or +1.508.988.7988) or [email protected] for information on applying the price of this document toward the purchase of an IDC service or for information on additional copies or web rights. IDC and IDC MarketScape are trademarks of International Data Group, Inc.
Copyright 2021 IDC. Reproduction is forbidden unless authorized. All rights reserved.