Technical Support / Professional Services Consultant
We are currently recruiting a Technical Support / Professional Services Consultant to join the TrueCommerce team in our Wigan office
- Provide a sound second line of support to clients and in-house staff in respect of the solution both over the phone and via email/case management support system. Where necessary escalate the issue as necessary and thereafter manage resolution and continued updates to customer until matter is resolved.
- Interpreting specifications of requirements, such that the solution can be adequately supported.
- Configuration, installation and testing of software solutions as per client requirements.
- Liaison with clients, their partners and third party providers.
- To provide out of hours technical & infrastructure support on a rota basis.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Supporting existing systems, new implementation projects and 2nd line support duties.
- Management of customer relationships to ensure timely resolutions are provided.
- Provide an exceptional level of technical support complete with supporting documentation.
- Excellent at managing multiple support cases with exceptional attention to detail.
- Attain customer sign-off post case closure.
- Keep colleagues and line manager fully informed of successes, risk and potential delays.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of commonly used global EDI standards i.e. Tradacoms, EDIFACT, ANSI X12, GS1 XML etc.
- Understanding of data translation and systems interfacing.
- Structured with good time management skills and committed to achieving targets.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external project stakeholders at various levels.
- Provide training to software users where applicable.
- Self-motivated, positive personality, team player.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communications.
- Thorough knowledge of XML and XSLT and the ability to undertake the development of data translation mappings.
- Understanding of e-business connectivity and EDI transport protocols (VAN, FTP, AS2 etc).
- Experience of data analysis and translation software tools.
- Experience of Linux operating systems.
- Provide out of hours technical & infrastructure support on a rota basis.
- Understanding of retail supply chain processes.
- Experience of Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems.
- Experience using Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with MS SQL Server Management Studio.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Managed IT Services, Windows Server Configuration, IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support Engineer, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Support, Citrix, Cloud Technician, Hosted Technical Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, XenApp, XenDesktop, Exchange 2003, Exchange 2010, Windows XP 7/8, Cloud Support Engineer, Networking Solutions Engineer, Desktop Support Technician, Network Solutions Technician, IT Services Technician will also be considered for this role.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV to apply for the role.