An Inventory Management method is a tool, technique or strategy used for storing, tracking, delivering, forecasting and ordering inventory or stock.
VMI is a method of Inventory Management which places the responsibility of shop floor replenishment with the supplier. Through a collaborative relationship the supplier works on orders generated by the retailers demand information to ensure the retailer doesn’t experience stock outs.
The benefits of VMI for suppliers and Retailers include:
- Suppliers save money by sending the right quantities and types of products to customers.
- Customers (distributors/retailers/end users) benefit by having the right products without overstocking.
- Suppliers and their customers benefit by not missing sales because of out-of-stock items.
- Increases in inventory turns means fewer product returns to a supplier.
- Suppliers spend less time managing orders, and inventory levels remain stable for customers.
Start increasing your businesses' sales with
Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)
Discover how VMI can increase sales whilst reducing returns and logistics costs and improving your trading relationships.