- DEPARTMENT: Technical Operations I
- REPORTS TO: Vice President Technical Operations
- LOCATION: Coventry
We’re integration specialists. Our mission is to help our clients realise their potential and enable them to do business in every direction.
We revolutionise trading partner connectivity by linking suppliers, retailers and end consumers in one global commerce network. With our flexible, integrated and fully managed service solutions, customers of any size can easily connect with any trading partner while enjoying the peace of mind of a proven service platform that reliably handles tens of millions of transactions annually without the need for any customer interaction.
Established for over 20 years, we’ve grown exponentially in Europe and the United States through the provision of our customer-centric market leading service. As a fast-growing technology business, boasting many household names amongst our expanding global customer base, we are looking to continue our growth by recruiting talented professionals who are eager to develop their skills within a friendly and motivational work environment.
The Technical Operations Consultant - I is a critical role within TrueCommerce as it provides network, computer hardware and software support to all our application hosting environments – across both production and non-production data centres and office locations. This position helps to implement, deploy, maintain and support computer technology and equipment used in the provision of TrueCommerce services. They are to respond to calls and diagnose equipment and configuration issues with a variety of applications and systems. This position requires the individual to be a strong team player and have the ability to respond and complete tickets within published service levels.
• Experience supporting end users in a technology environment.
• Experience supporting and patching Windows Server 2012 R2 and above.
• Experience supporting and patching Linux servers (ideally RedHat and Ubuntu).
• Knowledge of Active Directory and Group policy.
• Understanding of networking topology and architecture (TCP/IP, DNS, vLANs, Firewalls, Switches etc).
You should be able to skilfully manage competing priorities from multiple internal stakeholders. Possess excellent communication skills, being able to communicate at a technical and management level with internal teams.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Computer skills.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Strong problem determination skills.
• Be able to work as part of a team.
Key Duties To Be Performed
• Provide first line response to TrueCommerce personnel and partners requiring assistance with information technology issues and problems with our hosted systems.
• Diagnose and resolve problems with server hardware and software.
• Routine patching and monitoring of servers.
• Escalate more involved problems to the appropriate team members.
• Track issues to resolution and update internal knowledgebase.
• Multitask and manage multiple priorities effectively.
• Assist in the evaluation of new hardware, software and related peripherals.
• Ensure all equipment and software is accounted for.
• Maintain asset database.
• Keep informed of industry knowledge and trends.
• Maintain appropriate hardware and OS certifications and credentials.
Before making an offer, TrueCommerce may carry out a criminal record check against you. Using criminal record checks processed through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), TrueCommerce complies fully with the code of practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly.
TrueCommerce undertakes not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a criminal record check on the basis of a conviction or other information revealed.
By continuing with your application, you are giving us permission to carry out this check.
Please click here to apply for the role