Meeting the Unique Replenishment Needs of Supply Chain Partners
Replenishment plays a key role in your business’s retail relationships by ensuring that the end-consumer always has the products they want at their fingertips. Thanks to digitalization, today’s businesses can access supply chain data in more ways than ever. With data points like sales, demand, lead time, in-stock and on-order quantities visible at any point in the supply chain, suppliers can more easily understand product movements, and make strategic replenishment plans to keep their customers’ shelves well stocked.
At TrueCommerce, we understand that every supply chain is different. That’s why our VMI and collaborative replenishment solutions are flexible and can be readily configured to accommodate multiple routes to market and distribution models within your overall supply chain. By leveraging shared data from your customers, TrueCommerce VMI empowers you to improve on-shelf availability for products, boost inventory turns, decreases spoilage, increase buyer productivity, and ultimately increase sales. We also offer innovative features to help drive your unique replenishment process and route to market. We support:
Distribution Center Replenishment
Easily manage replenishment orders for a retailer’s or distributor’s distribution center (DC) serving multiple stores and/or other DCs.
- Leverage replenishment forecasts driven by demand signals including DC outbound shipments, store orders aggregated up to the DC, or store point-of-sale (PoS) data.
- Optimize orders by item minimum order increments, promotions, and external demand forecasts.
- Build better truckloads with advanced truck building capabilities.
Keep retail customers happy, whether you work with dozens, hundreds, or thousands of store locations.
- Automatically create store orders that meet the agreed store-level needs.
- Set up assortments based on store size/volume, regional parameters, and product categories.
- Get up-to-date demand signals from store POS data.
- Manage inventory allocation/availability parameters for better stock distribution.
- Ship orders direct to store or through the retailer’s DC, with each store’s order earmarked to simplify loading the retailer’s delivery trucks.
Get store-level replenishment control, with the ability to roll up stores across a region, and ship to the retailer’s cross-dock DC.
- Send order acknowledgements with store-level detail to for better cross-dock delivery management.
- Set an item minimum presence by individual store.
- Display all stores in each cross-dock group to help manage truck building.
Order Join or Multi-Stop Replenishment
Deliver to multiple stores or DCs along a single route using one truck to save significantly on transportation costs.
- Works for single or multiple retailer/distributor locations
- Automatically respects ordering increments, POs, etc. across locations.
- Designates locations in transport groups that deliver together.
Maintain control of your inventory, get new products on shelves fast, and keep customers coming back for more.
- Use store POS data, ideal stock availability and other factors to configure your unique replenishment forecast
- Easily control inventory with manage-by-exception rules
- Get alerts on fast-moving items to help optimize your in-store assortment
- Set min/max shelf presence thresholds to further automate replenishment orders
External Demand Replenishment
Receive external demand data from your trading partners to create even better forecasts and replenishment plans.
- Support your retail partners with that have invested in cutting-edge store-level forecasting.
- Automatically create replenishment orders for retailers or DCs that serves multiple locations.
- Leverage advanced truck building that utilizes retailer future days’ store-order forecasts or store-order quantities to anticipate what will be pulled from the DC in the coming days.
3PL Consolidated Replenishment
Perfect for 3PL providers that manage inventory replenishment for multiple suppliers at retailer/distributor DCs.
- Forecasts replenishment needs based on product activity data from all suppliers with inventory at the 3PL.
- Seamlessly creates orders across multiple suppliers, respecting each supplier’s item attributes to build full truck loads (FTLs) that meet inventory objectives aligned with the retailer and each supplier.
- Reduces 3PL transportation costs and retailer dock congestion by consolidating shipments.
Advanced Features Support Even More Use Cases
- Alternate Ship-From enables replenishment planners to dynamically fulfill orders from a secondary location, such as a producing plant versus a regional mixing center, based on order sizes or special conditions like a large promotion.
- Promotion/Event Management offers a robust workbench for complete management of both promotions and normal replenishment ordering. Supports multiple methods of promotion input and how it is factored into ordering.
- Item Stratification supports retailers that need to treat items differently depending on the item’s importance and profitability (e.g., service level versus days-of-supply inventory) and specific ordering requirements (how often an item can be replenished).
- Available to Promise/Allocation integrates a supplier’s known inventory availability shortages into the replenishment solution, including prioritization of inventory for the most critical locations and customers.
- Phase-In/Phase-Out is a fully integrated workbench for managing items that replace other items temporarily or permanently.
- Supplier Interactive File Upload gives suppliers an easy, self-service interface to control configuration settings, ordering parameters and a wide range of item attributes.