Meeting the Unique Replenishment Needs of Supply Chain Partners
At TrueCommerce Datalliance, we understand that every supply chain is different, and that companies utilize different distribution models and routes to market.
Our VMI and collaborative replenishment solutions are flexible, and can be readily configured to accommodate multiple routes to market and distribution models within your overall supply chain. We also offer innovative features to help drive your unique replenishment process.
Taking Advantage of the Data Available
Today, computers and mobile devices can access supply-chain data in more ways than ever. Users can see data points like sales, demand, lead time, in-stock and on-order quantities at any point in the supply chain. Of course, this is a major advantage over previous methods of supply chain management. In fact, it is because of this data accessibility that manufacturers, distributors and retailers see the benefit of sharing their information.
Why is It Advantageous to Share Data?
Manufacturers and resellers can react sooner to market demands. Better market accommodation leads to happier customers, less waste, and more profits.
How Can VMI and Collaborative Replenishment Help You?
Our inventory management solutions increases in-stock rates for products, reduces day of sales (DOS) (i.e., increased turns), decreases spoilage, increases buyer productivity, and leverages existing data to increase sales. TrueCommerce Datalliance offers a flexible solution that can meet the needs of your unique supply chain. Here are some of the replenishment scenarios that Datalliance supports.
Distribution Center Replenishment
- Ideal for managing replenishment orders for a retailer’s or distributor’s distribution center (DC) serving multiple stores and/or other DCs.
- Demand signals driving the replenishment forecast can include DC outbound shipments, store orders aggregated up to the DC, or store point-of-sale (PoS) data.
- Orders can be further optimized by item minimum order increments, promotions and external demand forecasts.
- The solution also provides advanced truck building capabilities that build full truckloads by dynamically adding items with the lowest days-of-supply while still meeting inventory-level goals.
“The TrueCommerce team took the time to understand our current business model, put us in contact with distributors that already use the service and provided a level of expertise that made us confident in their knowledge of VMI. We are gaining a more robust VMI solution that will better serve the needs of our customers. We also look forward to opportunities to reduce the overall cost and effort of VMI by choosing a more streamlined solution.”
Director of eCommerce
- Ideal for managing replenishment orders to hundreds or thousands of retail stores.
- Creates store orders to meet the agreed store item assortment and shelf inventory targets.
- Assortments can be based on store size/volume, regional parameters and product category attributes (e.g., A-B-C item classifications).
- The demand signal driving the replenishment forecast is store PoS data.
- The solution includes features for managing supplier inventory allocation/availability parameters.
- Suppliers ship orders direct to store or through the retailer’s DC, with each store’s order earmarked to simplify loading the retailer’s delivery trucks.
- Ideal for managing replenishment orders at a retail store level, with the ability to roll up stores across a region and ship to the retailer’s cross-dock DC.
- The retailer receives an order acknowledgement with store-level detail to facilitate picking up and loading store orders into the correct cross-dock store delivery trucks.
- The solution includes the ability to set an item minimum presence by individual store, and can display all stores in the cross-dock group to help manage truck building.
Order Join or Multi-Stop Replenishment
- Ideal for managing replenishment orders across multiple stores and/or DCs, which can be joined together on the same truck for multi-stop deliveries.
- Works for single or multiple retailer/distributor lo cations and respects ordering increments, POs, etc. across locations.
- Locations are designated in transport groups that deliver together. A location can be designated in multiple transport groups to optimize shipping into adjacent areas.
“Before VMI, we didn’t know how much inventory a distributor had. Now, we can see every SKU being managed by our VMI program from TrueCommerce Datalliance. It’s like being inside a distributor’s warehouse and helping them order the inventory they need.”
Kirsten Gilmer, Senior VMI Analyst & Program Specialist, nVent
- Supports retailer-supplier relationships that involve consignment inventory; i.e., inventory owned by the supplier until it is sold in the store.
- Extends our retail solution to support the unique sales reporting that scan-based trading (SBT) requires.
External Demand Replenishment
- Ideal for retailers and suppliers seeking a collaborative replenishment model that uses external demand versus a traditional replenishment forecast.
- Specifically supports retailers that have invested in store systems to more accurately predict demand forecasts several days out.
- Creates replenishment orders for a retailer or distributor DC that serves multiple stores and/or other DCs.
- The demand signals driving the replenishment forecast can be either the retailer’s store-order forecasts or store-order quantities aggregated up to the DC.
- Supports truck building utilizing either the retailer’s future days’ store-order forecasts or store-order quantities to anticipate what will be pulled from the DC in the coming days.
3PL Consolidated Replenishment
- Perfect for 3PL providers that manage inventory replenishment for multiple suppliers at retailer/distributor DCs.
- Particularly well suited for lower volume suppliers that typically ship less than truckload (LTLs) into retailer DCs.
- Retailers send product activity data for all suppliers with inventory at the 3PL. The 3PL then creates orders across multiple suppliers, respecting each supplier’s item attributes to build full truck loads (FTLs) that meet inventory objectives aligned with the retailer and each supplier.
Advanced Features Support Even More Use Cases
- Alternate Ship-From enables replenishment planners to dynamically fulfill orders from a secondary location, such as a producing plant versus a regional mixing center, based on order sizes or special conditions like a large promotion.
- Promotion/Event Management offers a robust workbench for complete management of both promotions and normal replenishment ordering. Supports multiple methods of promotion input and how it is factored into ordering.
- Item Stratification supports retailers that need to treat items differently depending on the item’s importance and profitability (e.g., service level versus days-of-supply inventory) and specific ordering requirements (how often an item can be replenished).
- Available to Promise/Allocation integrates a supplier’s known inventory availability shortages into the replenishment solution, including prioritization of inventory for the most critical locations and customers.
- Phase-In/Phase-Out is a fully integrated workbench for managing items that replace other items temporarily or permanently.
- Supplier Interactive File Upload gives suppliers an easy, self-service interface to control configuration settings, ordering parameters and a wide range of item attributes.